The Ganden Library houses one of the largest collections of Buddhist literature in South India. This is a huge collection of rare Tibetan Buddhist texts, which were carried from Tibet across the Himalayan mountains by Tibetan monks. These are important commentaries and books from the five main schools of Tibetan Buddhism, as well as history, poetry, philosophy and much more. Unfortunantly there is not enough space for the books and texts. Therefore, we are planning to build a larger library facility in the soon to be constructed prayer hall.
The library’s purpose is to keep all books and make it available to all students on the monastery and other educational establishments.
The main operations of the library:
- Publishing holy Buddhist texts in book format to make them available to students;
- Documenting the great teachings of His Holiness Dalai Lama and other masters
- Conversion of the most important holy texts in electronic format.
We need funds for:
- construction of the new library
- publishing holy Buddhist texts in book format to make them available to students;
- conversion of the most important holy texts to electronic media.